Thursday, January 10, 2013

Valentine's Day Dress Sew-Along

Valentine's Day Dress
Sew Along begins Monday, January 14th!
 
Want to join me in a SEW-ALONG?
 
5 days, 5 posts and you will learn to create this very dress!
January 14-18th, 2013
 
Who's in?? Read below and comment if you'd like to join!
 
 
 

 
Today was the perfect day for sewing. I've been wanting to sew my daughter a button down dress for quite some time.
 
Over Christmas she got a beautiful navy blue corduroy button down dress with long sleeves and a ruffled collar and I knew I had to try to make one like it.
 
I used The Classic A-Line Dress sewing pattern for the bodice front and back, though I split one piece in half to form the front left and right sides (for the buttons / buttonholes). I added a long ruffled strip for the collar, short sleeves and a gathered skirt.
 
Wouldn't this be a cute Valentine's Day dress? I might add some shirring to each sleeve to give it something extra special. I can't wait for Catherine to try this one on later today! I will post pictures!
 
The bodice is lined since there is a collar. If you know me, you know this is a very subtle print for me. It was actually hard not to use other colors! ha!
This is just a simple strip to tie at the waist - it is not a drawstring waist, it is just for decorative purposes.
 
Overall I'm really happy with how it came out! Want to join this Sew-Along? It starts January 14th and ends January 18th. I will post a few steps each day for you to sew and by the end of a week you will have made a dress just like this in your daughter's size. Who's in?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to make this

scindy87 said...

My name is Cynthia sorry

Entwined Essentials said...

I would love to give it a try!

Neldajay said...

Me!I'll try it!

Anonymous said...

Me, me, me! Size 6 please for my adorable curlilocksed granddaughter! How much material, heading out at noon. Shelia.