Monday, October 3, 2011

Tow Mater CARS 3 Pajamas

My little boy, John Patrick, is...shall I say...obsessed with CARS 3! He LOVES it! Absolutely LOVES it! All he talks about when he plays with his cars are Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Chick Hick, Dinaco trucks....all the cars that really come to life in the movie when he watches it.


Well when I saw this fabric I thought what a great surprise it would be to John Patrick! I scooped up just 2/3 of a yard, a blank blue t-shirt and drove straight on home to sew it while he napped.
It didn't take long before I came up with these pajamas....


I appliqued a 3 on his t-shirt and made sure part of Tow Mater and Lightning McQeen were visible when it was cut out.


Ironed it on, sewed around it and it was done!


When John Patrick woke up from his nap he was a little groggy, so maybe I should have waited to give it to him until he was more awake...but I went for it anyway. He LOVED it!  He took them to his room and changed into them all by himself (he's turning into a big 3 already!).


I'm not sure how I will get them off him to go to school this morning!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oren went through a BIG Cars phase too. We watched it EVERY day for awhile. The pajamas are VERY cute!!

Unknown said...

My 3yr old boy is also obsessed with Cars and Lightning McQueen!! Great pjs!

Anonymous said...

Any Chance you could make these in an Adult Size? would love to get a set of these please mail me at aforsman@cfl.rr.com