Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Linky Party #6 and Ruffled Scarf Tutorial

LINKY PARTY #6 (see below)
and
Ruffled Scarf Tutorial
5 Steps and 10 minutes to something warm and cozy!
Materials:1/4 yard fleece, scissors, thread

1. Lay out your 1/4 yard of fleece. Decide the length and width of your scarf. Cut.

2. Take the remaining strip and cut it in half widthwise so it is about half of the width of your scarf. So my scarf was 6 inches wide and my strip was 3 inches wide. (This will be the ruffle.) 3. Zig-zag stitch around all edges of the scarf and the ruffled pieces.

4. Use your sewing machine to ruffle your strips. (Put it on the highest tension setting and the longest stitch length and use a straight stitch. It will gather it.) Lay out your ruffles where you'd like, press with an iron and pin in place. (I chose to only make my ruffles the bottom 12 inches of each end of the scarf but you can make yours the entire length and whatever design you'd like.)

5. Use a zig-zag stitch throught the center of the ruffles. Take out the pins as you go.

Clip threads and wear it!

LINKY PARTY #6

Favorites from last week:

http://atsecondstreet.blogspot.com/2011/01/lovely-ruffle-dresses.html

Amazing, Amazing!!! These Valentine's Day Ruffle Dresses speak for themselves. I'm in LOVE with them!!

http://watsonfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/2011/01/mine-and-alyssas-new-skirt.html

Couture embellishments!! These curduroy skirts are so inspiring!


http://greylustergirl.blogspot.com/2011/01/dollar-store-tank-transformation.html

See what this mom did with $2.00 at the Dollar Store. Cascading ruffles!


Now it's your turn!
1. Show off something you've made. Link to the specific post on your blog.

2. Become a follower or grab my Seamingly Smitten linky button and
put it in your blog post or sidebar so others can join!

3. Look around some of the other links people have posted and

leave some linky love comments.

Come back next Wednesday to see some of my favorites and linky up again!


11 comments:

anne maskell said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting me! I think you were visiting me the same time I was entering your party, lol. Have a great day!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Love love love that ruffled scarf! I'm going to have to search my stash of fleece now! :)

Kalleen at Second Street said...

Oh Thank You Jenny. I wish I could link today but I haven't sewn in a week. Maybe I'll come back in a day or two.

Jennifer said...

Love the scarf...what a fun project :)

Connys Cottage said...

Hello,

lovly fotos.
greatings send you Conny

thank you for the tutorial

Lorena said...

Hi! thanks for stopping by my cyber-place! I like your suggestion for the next jacket... :-)) Just linked to your party! Great blog!! will come around often!! ciao ciao

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog:) I linked up my own ruffle scarf that I made for my daughter last month! I love your version too:) I never made one for myself and now I regret it!

Foundinthe-ALI said...

I'm a New follower!

Love you blog.. the name is super clever ;)

come drop by and visit me

foundintheali.blogspot.com

Marjory Skousen said...

I'm a new follower. I plan to make that scarf. Love it. Come by and follow me back too.

LJabin said...

I love the ruffles, I'm only just starting to learn to sew, but I think I could handle this. It'll be an adventure trying anyway. Thanks for posting such a cute and simple scarf.

Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

What a great scarf. So easy and chic!

Also, I have a great Dove chocolate giveaway going on right now and would love if stopped by and entered: http://eyespydiy.blogspot.com/2011/02/dove-chocolate-discoveries-giveaway.html

~Katie @ Eye Spy DIY