Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Peasant Dress

My First Peasant Dress
I had never tackled a peasant dress and had searched and searched for tutorials online - but with no luck. I found some with pictures of how to put them together, but couldn't find a free pattern. I finally bought a pattern to try and here's what I made.

I'm very excited about it!

The pattern I bought was from etsy.com but I wasn't completely satisfied with it. I had to change all of the measurements to fit my little girl (she's pretty petite) and the pattern left out steps and made things more difficult than they should have been. The first one I made took an hour and a half because of this, and the next one I finished in about an hour. I will post that one later.


I love that this can be worn with or without tights and can be worn through the fall and winter.

I tried taking decent pictures but my little girl comes directly for the camera everytime she knows I'm taking her picture :)

If you haven't tried a peasant dress before, try it! There are so many variations: short sleeves, ruffled sleeves, three-quarter length sleeves, long sleeves...etc and you can use different fabric for the sleeves and border. I love options!








3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It came out adorable...you did a great job :)

Rebekah said...

Cute dress! maybe one day I'll have a little girl to sew for :o)

Jana said...

Thanks for linking up!