Friday, October 15, 2010

Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses



Here is my dress design for Shabby Apple Dresses.
They are having a Dare to Design Dress Contest and here is what I submitted.

It has cap sleeves, a boatneck top, a v-neck back, side zipper and a circular skirt. Think twirling! I was inspired by the most current season of Mad Men, Audrey Hepburn, Blair Waldorf (from Gossip Girl) and Jackie Onassis - classic style, modest, yet poised and flirty in a subtle way. Ideally this dress would be made of a poppy color - an orangey-red - perfect for Spring time. I can envision it in a silk or a poplin - it can be dressier or more casual depending on the material. The sash would be either a detailed lace in a cream color or a solid cream for the waistband.

This dress would be perfect to wear to anything Southern and social...like a baby shower, wedding shower, family reunion, Sunday church, a weekend brunch, jazz brunch in New Orleans, beignets at Cafe du Monde, a carriage ride in the French Quarter and boutique shopping stops along the way...that's why the color would have to pop!




18 comments:

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

You look lovely and must be a wonderful designer and seamstress. It makes we want to go check out your link for Shabby Apple dresses!

Kerri said...

You're so talented! Such a cute dress...of course you have a perfect figure!

Karin van Dam said...

It's lovely. I like the colour and the sash is beautiful. Good luck in the contest!

Cranberry Morning said...

That dress is darling! I'd vote for you for sure! :-)

Thanks for stopping in at Cranberry Morning today. I don't know how long it took to make the sweater, but that woman is knitting whenever she is seated, so...

a little sewing said...

How cute is that! Your dress is so flattering.

Sew Much Ado said...

That's SO cute! And I LOVE the back, it's the perfect touch!

Rebekah said...

love the back of the dress! and thanks for visiting me at 3sillymonkees :o) the fabric i used was cotton i got for $1.50 a yard!!! most of what i use is cotton because its pretty inexpensive and theres always variety to choose from. i've enjoyed following your blog for a while now thanks again for stopping by my place :o)

Anonymous said...

Well done. I like the V cut in the back.

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

love the color and the waistband!

Jenny Firmin said...

Jenny, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress! It is perfect and look fabulous on you! Good luck in the contest!!!

You are so talented!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous! You're so talented!

LakshmiRP said...

Best of luck! nice dress! I am also participating in Shabby Apple dress design contest... fingers crossed lets see...thanks for dropping by to my blog and view my navarathri collection.

My entry to Shabby Apple Dress Design is her
http://adithisammasews.blogspot.com/2010/09/angrakha-for-self-featured-on-craftster.html

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

What a gorgeous dress! Best of luck!

Jessica said...

I love this! You look fabulous!!

Jessica
http://craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE the back of it. Thanks for sharing your creation on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. Hope to see you again soon :)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is beautiful, Jenny! I LOVE the "V" in the back... the flirtiness is so subtle. Very, very nice!

Sarah AJ said...

Gorgeous! The back is fantastic.

Jennifer Leigh said...

I love everything about this dress...especially the color...and the back! :)